Monday, April 18, 2011

Meatless Monday - Crunch Romain Salad with Sweet and Sour Dressing

This is a delicious salad that was introduced to us a few years ago by my daughter's future Mother in Law, Ginger....so, we call it Ginger's Salad.
It's from the Mississippi Junior League cookbook and it is DELICIOUS!

The only change I make is that I substitute Splenda for the sugar...and I add red onions.

On "Meat Days" it's also really good if you marinate boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a variation of this dressing (overnight preferably), pop them on the grill, slice and place on top of the salad.  I could almost live off of this meal.

Hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Shannon, you always come up with the best recipes. I KNOW we would love this! thank you!! :) :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great recipe. My family would love this too.

    ReplyDelete