Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cheese Slaw - a crowd pleasin' dip


This Cheese Slaw recipe (and don't get turned off by the word "slaw"....it's really just a cheese dip) was first brought to my attention by my friend over at http://www.virginiasweetpea.com....and believe me, this was loooooong
before anyone knew her as Virginia Sweet Pea.
Since that time, it has passed amongst our group of friends across the globe.

It is ridiculously easy to make..maybe 10 minutes if you're a slacker...and it's always a huge hit.


Here's what you need:


Cheese Slaw


1 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 cup mild banana peppers, finely chopped
1/4 cup pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
Mayonnaise - enough to bind

Mix it all together and place it in a bowl.

Serve with crackers or corn chips....I like large Wheat Thins.

Printable Recipe

Seriously, chopping the green onions, banana peppers and jalapeno peppers is the hardest part.


Wasn't that exhausting?  I even conned my husband into grating the cheese. 
Usually I buy it in a bag pre-grated, but the grocery store was out....what's up with that?


I brought this to a wine tasting party Friday night with our Gourmet Supper Club group and it was "scooped" up.
I crack myself up sometimes....and that's not the wine talking...I'm just that corny.  

Next time you're looking for a quick crowd pleaser, whip up a batch of Cheese Slaw.
Wine optional...but I highly recommend it.




If you found this post helpful, please feel free to click your "Pin It" button to add this post to Pinterest, or a +1 for Google+.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dip but I leave the jalapeno out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we substitute shredded mozzarella If can't find swiss

    ReplyDelete