Monday, March 21, 2011

Meatless Monday - Veggie Pesto Pizza




Today's Meatless Monday recipe couldn't be easier...Veggie Pesto Pizza.  The Mr. was away on business, no doubt enjoying a steak dinner while out of my Eagle-like gaze, so I decided to do something quick and easy for dinner for daughter no. 1, Meg, and myself.


I'm not one of those people who makes my own dough....uh....no thank you. I use Mama Mary's Whole Wheat pizza crusts, but feel free to use whichever brand you like, unless of course you want to be Martha Stewart and make your own.  Puhleeeeeeze.


I love the fact that this pizza isn't tomato sauce based.  Now, I love me some tomato sauce, but pesto, well I'd eat a ratty old shoe if it had pesto slopped all over it....and if you add feta cheese on top of that, well, I'm like a pig in slop.  Okay, bad visual, but you get the idea.

Here's what you need.

Ingredients:

Pizza Crust
Basil Pesto (comes in a jar or you can make your own)
Frozen Spinach (thawed, cooked and drained completely of water)
red onion - chopped
tomatoes - chopped
marinated artichoke hearts - chopped
feta cheese
mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese



Generously spread pesto on the crust...generously...
including lots of the oil.
Then add spinach, tomatoes, onions and all cheeses.
Bake acording to package directions (450)
until it reaches the desired level of "doneness".


Now, how easy is that????
Eat, Enjoy, Be Healthy! 

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I think that I could eat this every night for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shannon, I just know this would be good and we would love it.
    Tell me ~~~ does this tide you over all evening when you go meatless? Inquiring minds, you know! ;)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pesto on anything is a good thing :) Looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete