Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chocolate anyone?

I have been very lazy with my blogging lately.  It's summer, it's hot, I'm lazy....pick an excuse.

Anyway, I whipped up this quick dessert for my husband, dad o' my children, on Father's Day.  He's a simple man....he only wants one thing in a dessert...chocolate...on top of chocolate....with a little chocolate sandwiched between the layers...maybe some chocolate sauce on top....you get the picture.

He's been working so hard, that we decided to just take it easy on Father's Day.  I cooked him a big ol' meatloaf and some baked macaroni....a hunk of meat and a slab of cheese with some macaroni wedged in there for show.  A perfect "Man" meal.  Now I needed a perfect, easy dessert.

Did I mention he likes chocolate?

This couldn't have been easier

Ingredients:

1 baked Devil's Food cake
2 boxes chocolate pudding (instant, cooked...whatever you like)
1 ginormous tub of whipped topping
semi-sweet morsels
toasted pecans, walnuts...whatever

1.  Bake the cake according the directions on the box....yes, it was a box recipe...I said I was lazy.  Allow it to cool and then cut into 1" cubes.

2.  Prepare the pudding according to directions just before you're ready to assemble.

3.  Layer 1/2 the cubed cake into your trifle dish (or bowl).

4.  Pour on 1/2 the pudding

5.  Throw in some semi-sweet morsels and toasted nuts...however much you want.

6.  Layer on 1/2 the whipped topping.

7.  Repeat steps 3-6.

8.  Garnish with sprinkles if you like.


Can I just say that this is really good if you heat up some hot fudge sauce and pour it over your individual serving....I'm just saying....

This can be altered however you wish....use different flavors of cake, pudding, maybe put some fruit in between the layers...the possibilities are endless.  I think it'd be really good with lemon cake, vanilla pudding and maybe some blueberries/strawberries.  But this was all about Dad...and chocolate.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Talk about a chocolate explosion, I'll be back down in March and I'd like this please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please! This looks good, good, good!

    ReplyDelete