Monday, May 23, 2011

Meatless Monday - Frittata

Some Mondays you just can't muster the energy to put a big meal together.  I've been in that frame of mind now for a while.  Come to think of it, I kind of feel the same on Tuesdays, Wednesdays...you get the picture.

The weather has been so nice that all I want to do when I get home from work is grab a big glass of iced tea and head outside to putter around the garden.  Every man for himself as far as dinner is concerned.




Sadly, we can't live on PB&J sandwiches, so it's time to cook.

Today's Meatless Monday recipe is brought to you courtesy of Giada De Laurentis.  Oftentimes I find her recipes a little too bland, but we really liked this one.   It took maybe 30 minutes from start to finish....really simple.


Changes I made....cause you know I did:  

1.  I added a little cajun seasoning

2.  I couldn't find Fontina cheese (I was only stopping at once grocery store, not going on a scavenger hunt) so I just used shredded Italian blend....worked out fine.


Delicioso!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I'm going to print the recipe to try very soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures look perfect Shannon, I'll have to look this recipe up as I'm always looking for something simple to put together and I love frittatas and its the season for lots of asparagus here right now.

    ReplyDelete