Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If I could only erase time....


I've had this clock hanging on my kitchen wall for years.  Honestly, I was never really gaga over it, but it has served it's purpose...constantly prodding me to put the morning newspaper down and get ready for work, or to get dinner on the table.   Sometimes even reminding me that it's "5 o'clock somewhere". 


I recently decided to give it a face lift...get it....clock...face...nevermind.  I have discovered the joys of chalkboard paint!!!  This project took all of 15 minutes.  I just used a foam brush and applied two coats and waited for them to dry....tick, tock... 


....and voila.....a clock that can take on any personality I choose.  My mind is reeling with possibilities...seasons...holidays...fun quotes.  In the meantime, I am looking for more things to use my chalkboard paint on....any inanimate object is a target.  You think any entire house painted black is a bit much?????

4 comments:

  1. Well aren't you smart! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another chalk board paint junkie is born. This is just a fabulous idea Shannon, BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! You are going to have fun changing this out for the seasons and for special events like a wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I've been eyeing a couple of ho-hum clocks in my house. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete