Monday, October 28, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting and Ganache...pure Heaven!


The baby girl recently turned 23.  Not sure how that's possible since I'm only 29, but with today's miracles of science, it can happen...living proof right here.

Back to THE cake.  I made this cake a few years ago for hubby's birthday and it was a huge hit, so I dragged out the recipe again (well, the part of the recipe I could find...more to come on that later).  You can get the recipe for the cake and PB frosting right here.

For the ganache/chocolate glaze, I used this recipe because I couldn't find the recipe I used the first time I made this cake...hand upside the head (see warning below).

I used mini Reese's PB cups and Reese's Pieces as a garnish...I mean what's better than chocolate and peanut butter on top of chocolate and peanut butter?


Now let me warn you, this cake is RICH.  I am proud to say I can eat a LOT of chocolate in one sitting, but this is truly a "one piece and you. are. done" kind of cake.  


And now for the warning about the ganache.  I subbed semi-sweet morsels for the bittersweet baking chocolate called for in the recipe....big mistake.  My glaze was more like syrup. I would imagine if you're going to use semi-sweet morsels, don't use the corn syrup. Better yet, just buy the *&%$ bittersweet baking chocolate and follow the recipe.  Lesson learned.  Still, even with my faulty ganache, this cake was UNBELIEVABLE.


Give this one a try...make sure you invite over enough friends to eat the entire thing 'cause I warn you, it is dangerously good and probably not low cal, but I'm just guessing on that point.

If you found this post helpful, please feel free to click your "Pin It" button to add this post to Pinterest, or a +1 for Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment